Our 2017 - 2018 Goals
- Raise $50,000 with our Direct Donation Campaign to fund the Computer Lab Teacher, Equipment Updates/Repairs
- 4th Annual Tech Trek Walkathon
- 3rd Annual S.T.E.A.M. Carnival
- 3rd Annual Spring Read-A-Thon
- Fall & Spring Raffles for Amusement Tickets
TEEF 2016-2017 Accomplishments
- Raised $50,000 with our Direct Donation Campaign to fund the Computer Lab Teacher, Equipment Updates/Repairs
- Funded direct grants to teachers for amounts of up to $250.
- 3rd Annual Tech Trek Walkathon
- 2nd Annual S.T.E.A.M. Carnival
- 2nd Annual Spring Read-A-Thon
Thomas Edison Elementary Foundation (TEEF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to help expand and enhance the quality of education for all students attending Thomas Edison Elementary Advanced Technology Magnet and Spanish FLAG, and to carry on other charitable activities allowed by laws.
Our foundation was started in 2011 by a group of inspired and committed parents who saw a great need to help the school. It started out with our Dual Immersion Spanish program. We needed Spanish books, but the school budget couldn't help to supply them. These parents decided that they needed to help. They started out small with donation drives, read-a-thons, movie nights and soon they had raised enough money for spanish books for the classrooms. But soon after there were more needs, great needs, for our entire school. This could only be accomplished by creating a non-profit organization to help support the school. With non-profit status bigger donations could be sought after. They threw a parent party using their own funds and working together they raised enough money to create T.E.E.F, The Thomas Edison Elementary Foundation 501 (c) 3 non-profit.